Team Trust Canvas
The Team Trust Canvas is a powerful and effective tool for building a discussion and gaining new actions around trust.
According to In Team We Trust the main purpose of the Team Trust Canvas is to build a discussion around the trust and possibly generate new rules or agreements in a team. It is extremely useful for defining, designing, and monitoring team trust.
How it works. You start with filling the fields on the Team Trust Canvas:
- Clarity. A Team experiences trust when they see transparency and mistrust when things are ambiguous. How shall we build and support the clarity, openness and transparency? How can we avoid the uncertainty and vagueness?
- Connection. It is natural for people to follow others and build relationships. How can we connect and engage with each other? How can we improve our relationships and reduce conflicts?
- Compassion. Team members need to care about each other. Are we ready to show concerns? Are we ready to be compassionate?
- Value. People want to trust those who support their values. How can we align them?
- Competency. We have confidence in those who stay fresh, innovative and competent. How do we grow our competency?
- Commitment. We trust only those who demonstrate a commitment to action. How do we take responsibility and fulfill it?
- Contribution. People are motivated and engaged when they deliver results. People trust results. Is anything getting done? How do our rules and policies promote getting things done? How do our organization’s culture reward results?
- Consistency. We like to see the things done consistently. Is our trust and confidence rising or falling each Sprint? The most important part. What else is important for us?
As a result, we get a visual picture which can be a starting point for building Trust in our team. In addition, this tool allows the good understanding of mutual expectations and the causes for conflict.
Checkout other business canvases in our Canvas Database